Spaghetti Squash with Chicken, Pears & Parmesan
By Lisa Howard
Hands-on time: 30 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
- 3 lb spaghetti squash, quartered and seeded
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch-thick strips
- 1 Bosc pear, cored and sliced 1/4 inch thick (TIP: To prevent sliced pear from browning, place in a bowl of cold water; drain when ready to use.)
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 2 tbsp minced fresh chives
- 3 oz shaved Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Place squash cut side up on a foil-lined, rimmed baking sheet. Add 1/4 inch water to sheet. Bake until edges are golden brown and squash is easily pierced with the tip of a sharp knife, about 35 minutes. Set aside until just cool enough to handle.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil on medium. Add chicken and cook for 2 minutes. Flip chicken and add pear and sage. Sauté, stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes. Transfer chicken, pears and pan drippings to a large bowl.
- With 2 forks, scrape stringy squash flesh from skin, separating into strands. Add squash flesh to bowl with chicken mixture. Add chives and toss to combine. To serve, top with cheese.
Nutrients per serving (10 oz chicken-squash mixture and 3/4 oz cheese): Calories: 349, Total Fat: 10 g, Sat. Fat: 4 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 4 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1 g, Carbs: 32 g, Fiber: 2 g, Sugars: 5 g, Protein: 36 g, Sodium: 460 mg, Cholesterol: 81 mg
Cost for full recipe: $13.92
Clean eating does NOT have to be boring! If you need some help, check out my Lean Bodies nutrition plans!