Thanksgiving is a day to give thanks for all that we have, spend some time with the ones we love and having the “normal” holiday meal with all the trimmings. While we here at CBM&L promote eating “clean” and sensibly, there are times when we should say heck with it, not bring our pre-cooked and packed Tupperware and throw caution to the wind and enjoy ourselves. It is one meal after all!
Our society celebrates with food, which can be a bad thing if we use food to stuff emotions and pain. Thanksgiving is a day of celebration, enjoy it! While I don’t promote having a total gorge-fest, enjoy yourself.
A couple of pointers to not get too carried away:
1. Go easy on the alcohol. Not only will it take your senses away, you will be drinking tons of empty calories.
2. Speaking of drinking, keep yourself hydrated by drinking lots of water throughout the day.
3. Go for the meat and veggies first. Be sure you are getting your protein and veggies then go for the rest of the “goodies”.
4. Don’t beat yourself up over indulging tomorrow. It’s a holiday and you’re with family. Our society celebrates with food, just go with the flow.
5. Friday morning, get right back on the clean eating and workout horse! Have your shake first thing in the morning to get the best nutrition possible in your body again and pay yourself on the back for not letting one holiday meal make you throw in the towel.
Have an awesome Thanksgiving everyone! We are thankful for all of you!